POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
4 May 2024 03:42:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Oct 2004 17:13:23
Message: <417ac973@news.povray.org>

1103_1098564188@news.povray.org...
>   Now what do I do ? Do I try to improve my current submission that wasn't
> good enough for your initial contest and hope that it might be good enough
> for the next round
> or do I start over and hope I don't waste my time and effort like I did
> for the first round ?

Note that this is not a second round: we just moved the deadline (a long way
for sure). All the entries, including yours, remain 100% valuable. They all
remain in the race. All the work you put in your entry hasn't been wasted at
all. The final deadline will be final.

However, the delay will give you the chance to have a second look at your
entry, to show it to other people, to compare it to the best stuff you can
see in the HOF or other 3D galleries and see if you can make it better.
Perhaps you won't find it necessary, perhaps you will.  That's really up to
you, but, as understandably frustrating and unwelcome as it is, the
postponement is there to give people the (rather unique) opportunity, and
time, to do that.
We really want the best from you all, and we want all these pictures to
really shine, so make the best of these 3 months!

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com